Here’s a fun layered dessert that will appeal to all ages. If you want it even nuttier, you can use chunky peanut butter, and if you’re not a fan of cashews, substitute your favorite nut. This peanut butter lasagna is one of my favorite pudding desserts. —Barbara Schindler, Napoleon, Ohio
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 16 servings.
|1 cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cup cold butter, cubed|
|1-1/2 cups chopped cashews, divided|
|1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened|
|1/3 cup creamy peanut butter|
|1 cup confectioners’ sugar|
|1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided|
|2-2/3 cups cold 2% milk|
|1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix|
|1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix|
|1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), coarsely chopped|
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place flour and butter in a food processor; cover and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 1 cup cashews; pulse a few times until combined. , Press into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Bake until golden brown, 25-28 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. , In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon over crust. , In another bowl, whisk milk and both pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand until soft-set, about 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chopped candy bar and remaining cashews. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Calories 406 calories, Fat 25g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 33mg cholesterol, Sodium 288mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (25g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
This is an awesome dessert.My Daughter makes it all year. It is so easy to make it to suit your tastes.
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 serving(s)
|1/2 cup butter, softened|
|1 cup flour|
|1 cup pecans, chopped|
|8 ounces cream cheese|
|1 cup powdered sugar|
|1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed|
|1 (4 1/2 ounce) instant devil’s food pudding|
|French vanilla instant pudding|
|2 cups cold milk|
- Combine butter, flour, and pecans.
- Press into 13×9 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool.
- Blend cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 cup Cool Whip.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Blend instant puddings with milk until thick. Spread over cream cheese filling.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip and chill well.
- ***You can use whatever flavor instant pudding you like.
Calories 419.6, Fat 32, Saturated Fat 18.8, Cholesterol 46.8, Sodium 140.1, Carbohydrate 30.3, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 18.9, Protein 5.2