What better way to celebrate fall than with delicious muffins that combine the wonderful texture of apples with the warm taste of pumpkin. A simple streusel topping gives them a little something extra.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 18 muffins
|2 ½ cups all-purpose flour|
|2 cups white sugar|
|1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|2 eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 cup canned pumpkin puree|
|½ cup vegetable oil|
|2 cups peeled, cored and chopped apple|
|2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|¼ cup white sugar|
|½ teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|4 teaspoons butter|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 18 muffin cups or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 cups sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, pumpkin and oil. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stirring just to moisten. Fold in apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons flour, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping evenly over muffin batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Calories 248.7 calories, Carbohydrate 42.6 g, Cholesterol 23.1 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 2.8 g, Saturated Fat 1.3 g, Sodium 182 mg, Sugar 27.4 g
Enjoy this delicious crisp that’s made with apple and pumpkin – a baked delight. Perfect dessert for any occasion!
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|1 1/2 cups chopped peeled apples (2 small)|
|3/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour|
|3/4 cup packed brown sugar|
|1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened|
|1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice|
|1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)|
|1/3 cup granulated sugar|
|1/4 cup milk|
|2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour|
|1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice|
|Whipped cream, if desired|
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spread apples over bottom of 9-inch glass pie plate. Microwave uncovered on High 4 to 6 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, toss 3/4 cup flour, the brown sugar, butter and 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice until crumbly. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients except whipped cream with wire whisk until smooth. Pour over apples. Sprinkle with flour mixture. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cool 20 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Calories 250 , Carbohydrate 45 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 1 , Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 60 mg, Sugar 32 g, TransFat 0 g
How to bake a pumpkin pie with apples?
Add apples. Cook and stir for 4 minutes. Add apple mixture to crust. In a bowl, whisk the pumpkin, milk, sugar, egg, cinnamon and salt until smooth; pour over apple layer. If desired, decorate edge with crust leaves. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 50-55 minutes.
How to cook pumpkin and apples for Soup?
Add pumpkin, apples, cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Add stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 25 minutes or until pumpkin and apples are tender. While soup cooks, combine pepitas, sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
How to cook pumpkin and apples in a crock pot?
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add pumpkin, apples, cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Add stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 25 minutes or until pumpkin and apples are tender.
What is apple pumpkin bread?
Apple Pumpkin Bread is a delicious quick bread recipe made with pumpkin and fresh apples! The crumbly cinnamon and sugar streusel on top adds the most amazing texture and flavor to this delicious pumpkin bread recipe. Pumpkin Bread is a MUST as soon as fall comes around, and I have several favorite pumpkin bread recipes I like to make.