Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
|1 stick butter, softened|
|2/3 cups sugar|
|4 tsp of cinnamon|
|1 tsp nutmeg|
|5 tbsp pumpkin puree|
|3 cups flour|
|2/3 cups sugar|
|3 tsp dry yeast|
|2 eggs at room temperature|
|zest from one lemon|
|1/2 butter stick melted|
- Put the pumpkin puree in a bowl together with the flour, dry yeast, sugar and zest from one lemon. Add one egg at a time and knead. Add the salt and continue to knead until the consistency is smooth and homogeneous. Add the melted butter a little at a time while continuing to mix until it is well absorbed. Adjust with more flour if needed.
- Shape into a ball, place in a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm spot for 1 ½ hours or until the dough has doubled in volume.
- Preheat the oven at 350F/ 180C.
- Deflate and roll out into a rectangle.
- Mix the softened butter with the sugar and spices and spread on the surface of the rectangle.
- Roll up, starting from the longest side.
- Cut the roll obtained in half lengthwise, leaving the top end united.
- Twist the two halves leaving the upper section of the cut, so that it has good sequence of folds.
- Compact and place in a baking pan. Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool or serve warm.
ServingSize 1 grams, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams unsaturated fat
What is pumpkin puree brioche bread?
This slightly spiced, eggless brioche bread is made using pumpkin puree, which gives it a gorgeous color and flavor. It is soft, fluffy, and absolutely delicious! Recipe for Vegan French toast included!
How to make the perfect pumpkin pie dough?
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, yeast, cinnamon, and salt. Add in the dairy-free milk, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree. Using a spatula, fold until mostly combined. Sprinkle a little more flour if needed and knead the dough for about 10 minutes, until elastic and smooth.
Can You Use pumpkin brioche for French toast?
Right out of the oven, toasted, alone, or with some hazelnut spread, this pumpkin brioche is a perfect way to start your morning. If you forgot to put it away correctly or had it for a few days and it dried out, don’t throw it away but instead prepare French toast, the vegan way.
Is there anything better than warm brioche bread on a cold morning?
Is there anything better than warm, fluffy brioche bread on a cold fall morning? The richness, texture, and softness-brioche bread is always a good reason to have a slow breakfast. With pumpkin season in full swing, I have been making a lot of pumpkin puree.