Here is the easy roasted purple asparagus recipe, that is very simple to make. But don't be fooled by the simplicity, this low carb and Keto roasted asparagus tastes amazing!
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Categories: Side Dish
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 16 minutes
|1 lb Purple Asparagus|
|2 tbsp Olive Oil|
|⅛ tsp Salt|
- Wash purple asparagus. Then, trim and discard the tough ends of asparagus. In a mixing bowl, combine purple asparagus, olive oil, and salt and mix.Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F. Roast the asparagus for for 20-25 minutes or until it is done.Arrange roasted purple asparagus on a plate and serve with Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken and Cauliflower Fritters.
Calories 57 kcal, Carbohydrate 3 g, Protein 2 g, Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Sodium 2 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
Black beans, black rice and black sesame seeds all contain anthocyanins, potent antioxidant compounds that have been shown to reduce inflammation. So “forbidden” rice isn’t just striking, it’s also a serious nutrition upgrade. Simmering it in coconut milk adds rich aroma and flavor.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Categories: Healthy Coconut Milk Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
|3 tablespoons avocado oil or peanut oil, divided|
|1 tablespoon minced lemongrass|
|3 teaspoons minced garlic, divided|
|1 cup black rice|
|1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk|
|⅓ cup water|
|¾ teaspoon salt, divided|
|2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil|
|2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar|
|¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper|
|1 (14 ounce) package extra-firm water-packed tofu|
|1 pound purple asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger|
|½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut|
|1 tablespoon lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving|
|1 teaspoon black sesame seeds|
|3 scallions, sliced|
|Opal basil leaves & thinly sliced purple daikon for garnish|
- Heat 1 tablespoon avocado (or peanut) oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add lemongrass and 1 teaspoon garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add rice and stir to coat. Stir in coconut milk, water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk sesame oil, tamari (or soy sauce), brown sugar and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Drain tofu and cut into 2-by-1 1/2-inch slabs. Place between paper towels and press to remove excess moisture.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons avocado (or peanut) oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook, flipping once, until golden and crispy, 8 to 10 minutes total. Remove to a plate and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add asparagus, ginger and the remaining 2 teaspoons garlic to the pan; cook, stirring, until the asparagus is tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk the sauce and add to the pan along with the tofu; gently stir to coat.
- Stir coconut and lime juice into the rice. Top the rice with the tofu mixture, sesame seeds and scallions. Serve with lime wedges and garnish with basil and daikon, if desired.
Calories 577 calories, Carbohydrate 49.6 g, Fat 37 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 18 g, Saturated Fat 14 g, Sodium 815 mg, Sugar 6.5 g