HOMEMADE ASPARAGUS QUICHE – KRISTINE’S KITCHEN
This asparagus quiche is made with fresh asparagus and creamy goat cheese. It’s a perfect dish to serve for brunch, lunch or dinner.
Provided by: Kristine Rosenblatt
Total time: 65 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|1 1/4 cups flour (I used 3/4 cup white whole wheat and 1/2 cup all-purpose)|
|1 teaspoon sugar|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|6 tablespoons unsalted butter (cold, cut into cubes)|
|3-4 tablespoons ice water|
|2 teaspoons olive oil|
|1 small sweet yellow onion (chopped)|
|1 pound asparagus|
|3/4 cup whole milk|
|¼ teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)|
|1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|2 ounces goat cheese|
- Make the crust:
- Make the filling:
ServingSize 1 /8 quiche, Calories 253 kcal, Carbohydrate 22 g, Protein 9 g, Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 130 mg, Sodium 299 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 5 g
ASPARAGUS AND GOAT CHEESE QUICHE RECIPE – PILLSBURY.COM
Bake Pillsbury™ pie crust topped with asparagus and goat cheese to make this delicious quiche for dinner – a perfect French cuisine recipe.
Provided by: Pillsbury Kitchens
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|1 crust from 1 box (14.1 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 Count), softened as directed on box|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1/2 lb fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)|
|1/2 cup chopped drained roasted red bell peppers (from a jar)|
|1 log (4 oz) chèvre (goat) cheese, crumbled|
|1 cup half-and-half|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper|
|1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)|
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. Place pie crust in pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie; flute edges.
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook asparagus and onion in butter 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is crisp-tender. Spoon vegetables into crust-lined plate. Top with roasted peppers and goat cheese.
- In large bowl, beat half-and-half, salt, pepper and eggs with whisk. Pour over ingredients in crust. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place pie plate on lowest oven rack; bake 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Calories 360 , Carbohydrate 15 g, Fat 2 , Fiber 1 g, Protein 15 g, Saturated Fat 15 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 650 mg
ASPARAGUS-AND-GOAT CHEESE QUICHE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
A fluted tart pan makes this store-bought crust extra special. You can prepare the quiche, which is great served for dinner or a brunch, up to two days in advance. Store it, covered, in the refrigerator. Let it come to room temperature before serving. Medium-size asparagus spears (not too thick or thin) work best in the quiche filling.
Provided by: Paige Grandjean
Total time: 1 hours 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 8
|1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)|
|12 ounces fresh asparagus spears, ends trimmed|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 large leek, thinly sliced (about 1 1⁄2 cups)|
|8 large eggs|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley|
|1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|2 ounces crumbled goat cheese|
|Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare the crust: Roll the pie dough to 1⁄8-inch thickness, and transfer to a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Press dough into bottom and up sides of pan, and trim excess dough around edges. Line bottom of dough with aluminum foil (or parchment paper), and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake 5 minutes. Remove pie weights and foil, and prick bottom of pastry evenly with a fork. Return to oven; bake until pastry is light golden brown, an additional 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack; cool crust completely, about 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling: Set aside 6 or 7 whole asparagus spears, and cut remaining asparagus into 1⁄2-inch pieces. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high. Add leek, and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in asparagus pieces, and cook, stirring often, until bright green, about 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat; cool vegetable mixture 5 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined. Transfer cooled crust to a baking sheet. Spoon vegetable mixture over the bottom of the crust, and sprinkle evenly with crumbled goat cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetable-goat cheese mixture. Arrange the reserved whole asparagus spears on top.
- Bake quiche at 350°F until center is just set, 50 to 55 minutes, shielding crust with aluminum foil after 10 minutes, if needed, to prevent excess browning. Transfer to a wire rack, and cool at least 15 minutes. Remove quiche from pan, and garnish with parsley leaves before serving.
How to make goat cheese pastry with asparagus?
Spread the goat cheese mixture inside the pastry border. Toss the asparagus with the oil and salt, then arrange in a single layer on top of the cheese. If you want to get fancy, feel free to play with the arrangement of your asparagus.
How to bake Quiche?
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. For the custard, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolk, milk, salt, and pepper. Place asparagus and onion in bottom of pie crust. Bake quiche for 40-50 minutes, until filling is set and a tester comes out mostly clean.
What is the best way to cook asparagus?
Stir in asparagus pieces, and cook, stirring often, until bright green, about 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat; cool vegetable mixture 5 minutes. Whisk together eggs, cream, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined. Transfer cooled crust to a baking sheet.
What is the best thing to put in Quiche?
Common favorites are meats, such as ham, bacon or sausage, cheese, and vegetables. This broccoli cheese quiche is one of my easiest and most popular recipes. This asparagus and goat cheese quiche is easy to make, using either a homemade or store-bought pie crust.