Two moist layers banana cake with a light and fluffy banana cream in between.
Provided by: Erin Walczak
Categories: Yellow Cake From a Mix
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 – 9×13 inch two layer cake
|1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix|
|1 (3.5 ounce) package instant banana pudding mix|
|1 ½ cups milk|
|1 ½ cups white sugar|
|¼ cup all-purpose flour|
|¾ cup butter|
|¾ cup shortening|
|¾ cup milk|
|1 ½ teaspoons banana extract|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 – 9×13 inch pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and instant pudding. Beat in the eggs and 1 1/2 cup of milk. Divide the batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. While the cake is baking, make the filling.
- Stir together the sugar and flour. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar mixture. Beat in the milk and banana extract until smooth.
- When the cake is cooled, invert onto a serving tray. Spread filling over the top and cover with remaining layer of cake. Keep chilled until 1/2 hour before serving.
Calories 292.2 calories, Carbohydrate 35.3 g, Cholesterol 48.5 mg, Fat 16 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 2.9 g, Saturated Fat 6.2 g, Sodium 264.7 mg, Sugar 26.1 g
These are very easy to make – These freeze well, place cut cakes on tray in freezer- when frozen- place in individual freezer bags for lunches or just to snack.
light fluffy banana cream between two layers of moist yellow cake.Recipe given to me by a friend in Grand Rapids,Mi.,who said she got it from an old cookbook…
Provided by: Pat Duran @kitchenChatter
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|18 ounce(s) pkg. “betty’s” yellow cake mix|
|3 ounce(s) pkg. instant banana pudding mix|
|4 large eggs|
|1 1/2 cup(s) milk|
|1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar|
|1/4 cup(s) all purpose flour|
|3/4 cup(s) butter, room temperature|
|3/4 cup(s) butter flavored shortening|
|3/4 cup(s) milk|
|2 teaspoon(s) banana extract|
|– powdered sugar ,optional|
- Preheat oven to 350^. Grease 2 jellyroll pans, then line with parchment paper and grease that too. Set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and dry pudding mix. Beat in eggs and milk.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 pans.
Bake about 14 minutes or until wooden toothpick tests clean.
Sift sugar and flour together in medium bowl and set aside.
In a medium bowl cream together the butter and shortening until well combined, then add sugar mixture.
- Beat in the milk and banana extract until smooth using an electric mixer.
When cake is cooled, invert one layer onto serving tray or piece of heavy cardboard.
Spread filling over the top and cover with remaining cake layer. Garnish with powdered sugar.
Chill until serving and set.
These can be made using whoopie pans instead of cake layers- which will probably be easier- I don’t have any.- so I do them this way.
Here’s a recipe that will bring back memories of your childhood. Banana flip snack cakes taste just like the banana flips we used to eat when we were kids. —Berta Hagen, Int’l Falls, Minnesota
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 16 servings.
|1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)|
|1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana or vanilla pudding mix|
|1-1/2 cups 2% milk|
|4 large eggs, room temperature|
|1/3 cup all-purpose flour|
|1 cup 2% milk|
|1/2 cup butter, softened|
|1/2 cup shortening|
|1 cup sugar|
|1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar|
|Whipped topping, sliced bananas, optional|
- Line two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans with waxed paper and grease the paper. Set aside., In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, milk and eggs. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes., Spread batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the centers come out clean, 12-15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto wire racks to cool completely. Gently peel off waxed paper., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and cool to room temperature., In the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add milk mixture; beat on high until fluffy, 10-15 minutes., Place one cake on a large cutting board; spread top with frosting. Top with remaining cake; sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Cut into squares. If desired, top with whipped topping and sliced bananas. Refrigerate leftovers.
Calories 355 calories, Fat 16g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 372mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 4g protein.