This is one of my favorite pies! It’s like a pecan pie but with extra goodies added.
Provided by: Bea L. @BeachChic
|1 stick(s) butter or margarine, softened|
|1 cup(s) granulated sugar*|
|2 – eggs|
|1 teaspoon(s) white vinegar|
|1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup(s) pecans, chopped|
|1/2 cup(s) raisins|
|1/2 cup(s) coconut|
|9 – uncooked pie shell|
- Preheat oven to 325. Dab bottom of pie shell with a little milk or a little egg white to prevent it from being soggy.
- Cream butter and sugar together. I actually do this by hand with a wooden spoon. *Note: Another member, Ann Sumpter, said that you can successfully use 1/2 cup of baking Splenda in lieu of regular sugar. Thanks, Ann.
- Add eggs, vinegar, vanilla and beat well. Add pecans, raisins and coconut and mix well.
- Pour into pie shell, place onto a cookie sheet (in case of a spill over) and bake at 325 for approximately 45-50 minutes.
Jane Swafford prepared this dish for our January 2014 meeting.
Provided by: Club Recipes @Greatchoices
Categories: Fruit Desserts
Cook time: 45 minutes
|2 – eggs, beaten|
|1 cup(s) sugar|
|1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine, melted|
|1 teaspoon(s) vinegar|
|1 cup(s) raisins|
|1 cup(s) chopped pecans|
|1 cup(s) flaked coconut|
|1 – unbaked 9″ deep dish pastry shell|
- Combine first 7 ingredients, mixing well. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 325 for 45 minutes. Yield one 9 inch pie
This delicious dessert is a classic choice for a special occasion or holiday dinner. It’s easy to prepare and tastes great. You can either use a pie shell that’s already baked or purchase one that’s frozen. When you’re ready to serve it, just refrigerate it for several hours before serving. It will keep for up to two weeks. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also make a pie with pineapple and other seasonal fruit.
Provided by: Ms Kelly
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|Cup butter (unsalted, at room temperature)|
|1 cup sugar (granulated)|
|2 eggs (large)|
|1 tbsp vanilla|
|Cup pecans (chopped )|
|Cup coconut (sweetened, shredded )|
|9 inch pie crust (unbaked )|
|1 Cup boiling water|
- Preheat your oven to 3500F.
- Put raisins in a bowl (small) then cover with water (boiling). Set aside for about 5 Minutes, then drain.
- Add sugar and butter to a mixing bowl then use an electric mixer to mix until fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix again for about 2 Minutes until incorporated well.
- Pour the mixture into pie shell then bake for about 40 Minutes. Allow to completely cool.
- Place in a refrigerator for some hours then serve.
ServingSize 4 servings, Calories 2291 kcal, Carbohydrate 269 g, Protein 30 g, Fat 119 g, Saturated Fat 37 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 82 mg, Sodium 1873 mg, Fiber 11 g, Sugar 50 g, UnsaturatedFat 71 g
Make and share this Japanese Fruit Pie recipe from SmallRecipe.com.
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|1/2 cup margarine, melted|
|2 whole eggs, beaten|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|1 tablespoon cider vinegar|
|1/2 cup raisins, seedless|
|1/2 cup pecans, chopped|
|1/2 cup coconut, flaked|
|1 whole 9 inch pie shell|
- Stir ingredients together in order given.
- Pour into formed 9″ pie shell.
- Bake at 325 for 40 minutes.
- To double the recipe, double all ingredients except margarine. – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – NOTES : To double recipe, double all ingredients except butter.
- Do not use less than the amount listed for one pie,
Calories 529.6, Fat 35, Saturated Fat 10.6, Cholesterol 54.6, Sodium 322.3, Carbohydrate 52.2, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 34.1, Protein 5.4
What is a Japanese Fruit Pie?
I grew up in the American South where Japanese fruit pie is nearly as traditional as pecan pie. I like this pie even better than pecan pie. The combination of pecans raisins and coconut suspended in a chess-pie type of filling is wonderfully rich and toothsome. This is a pie for the Thanksgiving feast for sure and for Christmas dinner too.
What is the best way to make a pumpkin pie?
Directions 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Advertisement 2 In a medium mixing bowl combine eggs, butter or margarine, sugar, vanilla extract, and vinegar. Beat until smooth. Stir in pecans, coconut, and raisins. … 3 Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Cool before serving.
How to make a raisins pie?
Place raisins in a small bowl and cover with boiling water, set aside for five minutes and then drain. Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and beat again until well incorporated, 1-2 minutes. Add all other ingredients and stir by hand until well incorporated. Pour into pie shell.
How to bake a pecan pie?
A wonderful sequel to a traditional pecan pie. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium mixing bowl combine eggs, butter or margarine, sugar, vanilla extract, and vinegar. Beat until smooth. Stir in pecans, coconut, and raisins. Pour mixture into pastry shell. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Cool before serving.