Make and share this Herbed Turkey London Broil recipe from SmallRecipe.com.
Total time: 1 hours 50 minutes
Prep time: 1 hours
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4-6 serving(s)
|2 lbs turkey breast, half, boneless|
|4 garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 teaspoon oregano, dry|
|1 teaspoon thyme, dry|
|1 teaspoon white pepper|
|1 teaspoon rosemary, dry|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|1/2 teaspoon ground sage or 3 fresh sage leaves|
- Gather and measure ingredients. Place all ingredients into a blender and puree.
- Rub herb puree evenly across the whole breast. Loosely cover with plastic and place turkey in fridge to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Heat Oven to 375° and place foil on a sheet pan. Once the oven reaches 375° flip the oven off and turn the broiler on to high.
- Place the turkey into the oven on the middle shelf and broil for five minutes. Turkey should cook to a nice golden brown on the top side.
- Turn breast over and broil the other side for another five minutes, watching closely to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Turn the broiler off and set the oven back on to 375°. Let turkey roast in oven for exactly 20 minutes.
- Flip the turkey over and turn oven off (keeping turkey inside). Continue roasting for another 20 minutes.
- Check internal temperature. Turkey is ready when it’s 150° in the center.
- Let the turkey rest for fifteen minutes before slicing.
Calories 465.3, Fat 26.1, Saturated Fat 5.8, Cholesterol 147.4, Sodium 135.8, Carbohydrate 4.7, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 1.4, Protein 50.3
You might have had a tender London broil before, but have you heard about a turkey London broil? Lean and juicy, this is the perfect recipe for an outstanding holiday meal.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
This savory dish is a perfect meal when you want a classic treat without going to an expensive restaurant.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 193 minutes
Prep time: 180 minutes
Cook time: 13 minutes
|¼ cup olive oil|
|¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce.|
|¼ cup balsamic vinegar|
|1 tablespoon brown sugar|
|2 chopped scallions|
|1 tablespoon fresh ginger|
|½ Pounds London broil turkey|
|¼ tablespoon salt|
- In a medium plastic bowl, mix the olive oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, and scallions.
- Separately, in a shallow baking dish, put the turkey breast and pour the marinade over it until it is covered.
- Turn the meat evenly to coat all the sides.
- Cover well and let it marinate in the fridge for between 3 hours to overnight.
- Remove the turkey from the marinade and season with black pepper and salt.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat then grill for 8 minutes.
- Then turn it and grill the other side for the same time.
- Test if it is well cooked by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part; 165° is the ideal temperature showing it is well cooked.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes then slice and serve.
Calories 255 kcal, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 15 g, Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 41 mg, Sodium 1338 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 8 g, UnsaturatedFat 13 g, ServingSize 1 serving