Gourmet goetta is a dish that is loved by many. It is a hearty and delicious meat dish that can be made in a variety of ways. Some recipes call for only pork, while others include beef. No matter what you choose, gourmet goetta is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork or 1 lb sausage
8 cups water
2 1/2 cups pinhead oats or 2 1/2 cups steel cut oats
1 large onion, chopped
1 -4 bay leaf
3 teaspoons salt
1 pinch pepper
- In a large pot bring water to a boil and add oats, salt and pepper-reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 2 hours.
- Add meat, onion, spices and cover, cooking for 1 hour more.
- Pour into pan/s-cool and then refrigerate.
- Turn out, slice and fry until brown in a bit of butter or oil.
Calories 390.4, FatContent 18.9, SaturatedFatContent 6.6, CholesterolContent 73.5, SodiumContent 765.8, CarbohydrateContent 27.4, FiberContent 4.3, SugarContent 0.6, ProteinContent 26.8
Another Recipe for Goetta:
I’m not sure when my husband’s grandfather introduced goetta to me, but I’m sure it was pretty magical. I first found a slow-cooker recipe for it and tweaked it to make it my own. People definitely love this sausage-based dish, and I often find myself making extra just so people can have some leftovers. I recommend using a quality brand for getta (such as Glier’s goetta), as it makes a lot of cincinnati sausage and will freeze very well. So if you’re looking for a delicious and easy dish to make, give goetta a try!
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 04 hours 45 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 04 hours 00 minutes
Yield: 2 loaves (16 pieces each).
|6 cups water|
|2-1/2 cups steel-cut oats|
|6 bay leaves|
|3 tablespoons beef bouillon granules|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon each garlic powder, rubbed sage and pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon ground allspice|
|1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|2 pounds bulk pork sausage|
|2 medium onions, chopped|
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine water, oats and seasonings.
- Cook, covered, on high 2 hours.
- Remove bay leaves. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, 8-10 minutes, breaking up sausage into crumbles.
- Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Stir sausage mixture and reserved drippings into oats. Cook, covered, on low 2 hours.
- Transfer mixture to 2 waxed paper-lined 9×5-in loaf pans.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- To serve, slice each loaf into 16 pieces.
- In a large skillet, cook goetta, in batches, over medium heat until lightly browned and heated through, 3-4 minutes on each side.
Calories 121 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 450mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.