Ruth's Chris lobster mac and cheese recipe are easy to make, and it tastes so good. No matter what your budget is, this recipe will serve up enough servings to get you through the week. The key to this recipe is the addition of lobster meat.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 80 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
|1 pound Lobster meat (cooked & shredded)|
|16 oz Corkscrew pasta|
|1½ cups Cheddar cheese (shredded)|
|1½ cups Gruyčre cheese (grated)|
|6 tablespoons Butter (melted)|
|1 tablespoon Dijon mustard|
|2 large garlic cloves (finely chopped)|
|½ cup Red onion (grinded)|
|¼ cup All-purpose flour (filtered)|
|3 cups Whole milk|
|½ cup Fresh chives (chopped)|
|1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper|
|½ teaspoon Salt|
|½ teaspoon Ground black pepper|
|2 cups Oyster crackers (mashed)|
- Boil pasta in salted water for a short time. Stir constantly.
- Rinse the pasta with cold water after removing it from the boiling water. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat up 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Add some onions and garlic and cook for another five minutes until the onion is softened. Add all-purpose flour, cook for one minute.
- Pour in milk and stir continuously. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir frequently.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 3 minutes until the sauce becomes smooth and lumpy.
- Stir in cheeses and the next 3 ingredients after removing from heat. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Combine pasta and lobster meat in a baking dish coated with butter. Top with crushed crackers and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and Bake at 375 degrees until the crust is crisp and sauce bubbles.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and serve.