Cubes of beefy Chuck roast, seasoned, smoked slowly and sauced for a cheaper version of burnt ends.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Categories: Main Meal
Total time: 330 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 300 minutes
|5 lbs Chuck roast|
|2 tbsp SPG ((equal parts salt, pepper and garlic powder))|
|2 tbsp Kosmos Chipotle Honey Killer Bee|
|3 tbsp butter (unsalted)|
|3 tbsp honey|
|¼ cup BBQ sauce|
|Beef broth and water (equal quantities for spritzing)|
- Get your smoker up to a temp of 250°F.
- Cut your chuck roast into 1"x1" cubes.
- Season the cubes with a layer of SPG seasoning then a layer of a spicy bbq rub.
- Place cubes into the smoker.
- Spritz every 30-45 mins with a 50-50 beef broth and water mixture.
- When the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165-175°F remove from the smoker.
- Wrap the cubes in aluminum foil with pads of unsalted butter and a good drizzle of honey.
- Place the foil pack back in the smoker until the temperature of the meat reaches 205°F degrees and is very tender.
- Open the foil, add the bbq sauce and mix everything together.
- Wrap the meat back up and let the rest for 30 mins before serving.
Calories 798 kcal, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 73 g, Fat 50 g, Saturated Fat 23 g, TransFat 3 g, Cholesterol 276 mg, Sodium 1352 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 13 g, ServingSize 1 serving