Are you looking for a quick and easy recipe for homemade sausage rolls with that added Kamado awesomeness? Here is a quick and easy recipe that will please the entire family.
Beef mince is a staple in our house and I am sure it is very common in most red meat-eating households. In our house, we tend to fall into a routine and make the same cycle of beef mince dishes. Tacos, spaghetti, lasagna, burgers and such. As nice as these are it is always nice to add something different to the menu rotation.
How to make Smoked Sausage Roll
500g Beef mince
2 Carrots, peeled and grated
1 Capsicum finely chopped
1 Onion finely chopped
1 Egg lightly beaten
1 handful of finely chopped Shallots
1 tablespoon fresh chopped Basil
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon of Mixed dry herbs and spices
Salt to taste ( around 1 teaspoon is a good start)
Pepper to taste ( around 1 teaspoon is a good start)
Sesame Seeds to sprinkle over the top (optional)
- Mix together the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut the puff pastry sheets in half, then form a sausage shape of the mixture along the long edge of the pastry pieces.
- Roll, tucking the overlap underneath.
- Cut into an appropriate size, in my case I cut into thirds.
- Place the completed rolls on a lined baking tray and brush lightly with a milk wash.
- Bake in the Kamado for ~ 40 minutes, or until golden brown.