CARROT AND CORIANDER SOUP RECIPE – LIQUID OR SOFT FOOD DIET …
Adapted from deliaonline. I “veganized” this recipe by using coconut oil and coconut milk instead of butter and creme fraiche, so this soup is also healthier, with 0% cholesterol. I added toasted pumpkins seeds for a nice contrasting crunch to this silky smooth soup.
Provided by: Jeanette
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 tablespoon coriander seeds|
|1 tablespoon coconut oil|
|2 pounds carrots (about 14-16 whole carrots, peeled, trimmed and cut into 1″ pieces)|
|1 small clove garlic (crushed)|
|6 cups low sodium vegetable stock|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)|
|3 tablespoons coconut milk|
|fresh cilantro (for garnish, optional)|
|toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)|
- Dry roast coriander seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Crush in a mortar and pestle.
- Heat coconut oil in a soup pot. Add carrots, garlic and 2 teaspoons crushed coriander seeds. Stir carrots well, then cover pot and let vegetables cook over medium-low heat until they begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Add stock and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, partially covered, or until vegetables are tender.
- Let soup cool slightly, then puree in blender or food processor.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with swirl of coconut milk, fresh coriander, pumpkin seeds, and remaining crushed toasted coriander seeds.
Calories 205 kcal, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 9 g, Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Sodium 264 mg, Fiber 6 g, Sugar 11 g, ServingSize 1 serving