Creamy Steak Fettuccine from Delish.com is meant to be shared with someone special.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Categories: Main Meal
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4 servings
|12 oz. fettuccine|
|1 lb. sirloin steak|
|2 tbsp. vegetable oil|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|2 tbsp. butter|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp. all-purpose flour|
|2 c. milk|
|1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan|
|1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley|
|1 1/2 c. halved cherry tomatoes|
|4 c. baby spinach|
|2 tbsp. balsamic glaze (1/3 c. balsamic vinegar simmered for about 10 minutes)|
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining. Return pasta to pot.
- Coat both sides of steak with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steak to desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate to let rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice steak.
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until softened and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute more, then slowly add milk, whisking to break up lumps, and simmer until thickened, 5 minutes. Add Parmesan and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and cook until bursting, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and ¼ cup reserved pasta water to skillet and toss to combine, adding more pasta water as needed. Add spinach and toss until wilted.
- Top with sliced steak and drizzle with balsamic glaze.