Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
|Beef steaks for four|
|Onion – medium sliced|
|Bell pepper – sliced|
|Garlic – 4 cloves|
|Pepperoncini – 2 to 4 drained and thinly sliced or 1-2 fresh poblanos|
|Red Wine – ½ cup|
|Tomatoes – 1# crushed|
|Oregano – 2 pinches|
|Basil – 4-6 leaves|
|Red chili flakes – pinch|
|Mozzarella – on top|
|Parsley – for serving|
- Season the steaks on both sides with kosher salt
- Pre-heat a fry pan (a cast iron skillet works best) and add some olive oil
- Sear the steaks, 2 minutes on each side, and set aside in a warmer or low oven.
- Sauté the onion, peppers, and garlic in the same pan, using more oil if needed
- Add the wine and let it cook a bit
- Add the crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, chili flakes, and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Taste for seasonings, and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Add the steaks to the pan, top with mozzarella and cook until done (~10 minutes) in a hot oven.
- Plate the steaks and smother with the sauteed vegetables.
- Garnish with fresh parsley