SALMON SUSHI BAKE RECIPE
Salmon Sushi Bake is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy your favorite sushi without all of the work! This recipe is easy to follow and results in a delicious and healthy meal that the whole family will love.
Provided by: Smallrecipe
Categories: Salmon Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 25 minutes
Prep time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Yield: Makes 6 rolls
|2 cups short-grain white rice, preferably Japonica|
|3-inch piece ginger, peeled|
|1 cup rice-wine vinegar|
|2 tablespoons sugar, plus 1 teaspoon|
|12 ounces salmon (about 1 inch thick), preferably wild, skin removed|
|2 carrots, peeled and julienned (1 cup)|
|2 mini cucumbers, julienned (1 cup)|
|1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil|
|1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|1 avocado, halved and thinly sliced|
|1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds|
|6 sheets toasted nori|
|Soy sauce, for serving|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Rinse rice in several changes of water, jostling rice with fingertips, until water runs clear. Set in a sieve over a bowl to drain while you prepare the rest of the ingredients (at least 20 minutes).
- Using a mandoline or vegetable peeler, slice ginger paper-thin along the grain (to yield 1/2 cup). Bring a small pot of water to a boil, add ginger, and blanch for 5 seconds; drain. Return pot to stove and add 3/4 cup vinegar, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 2 tablespoons water. Season lightly with salt. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reserve half the vinegar mixture (this will be used to season your rice); add blanched ginger to the remaining vinegar mixture and set aside. Cool completely.
- Place rice and 2 1/2 cups of water in a small pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to the lowest setting and cover. Cook until rice is tender and all the water has been absorbed, about 12 minutes (alternatively, cook rice in a rice cooker according to the manufacturer’s instructions). Remove from heat. Let sit with the lid on, for 10 minutes more. Transfer rice to a large bowl; cool for 5 minutes. Fold in one-quarter of the reserved vinegar mixture with a wide spatula or plastic bench scraper, fanning the rice while you fold in the vinegar mixture to cool it down quickly. Cover with a clean kitchen towel. Reserve the remaining vinegar mixture for assembly.
- While rice cooks, season salmon generously with salt and let stand for 10 minutes. Pat dry. Meanwhile, toss cucumbers and carrots with the remaining 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and sesame oil. Set aside. Roast salmon on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet until just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool, then flake into 6 portions.
- To assemble, place 1 sheet of nori, shiny side down, on a bamboo rolling mat with the long side closest to you. Dampen hands with reserved vinegar mixture and gently press 3/4 cup rice evenly across nori, leaving a 1/2-inch border on all sides. Spread 2 teaspoons of mayonnaise evenly across the center of the rice. Layer 1/3 cup vegetable mixture, 1 portion salmon, and a few slices of avocado evenly across the middle of the rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Starting with the edge closest to you, use the mat to fold the bottom third toward the center, pressing evenly across the roll to compress the filling. Repeat with another turn and gently press again. Remove mat. Lightly wet a sharp knife with vinegar mixture and cut into 6 equal pieces. Repeat with remaining sheets of nori. Serve with reserved pickled ginger and soy sauce.
How to cook spicy salmon bake sushi in a pan?
In a large bowl, combine the salmon, imitation crab meat, cream cheese mayonnaise, and sriracha sauce. Mix until well combined. Put on top of the cooked sushi rice and spread evenly. Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C or 356°F until the top is lightly browned.
How to make a sushi bake?
Spread a layer of rice, cover it with nori seaweed, add a second layer of rice, cover it with cream cheese, sprinkle it with sesame seeds, and cover it with cucumber slices. Cover the sushi bake with smoked salmon and protect it with any leftover rice.
What is the best way to cook salmon and rice?
Bake salmon at 200°C or 392°F for 8-10 minutes. Shred the salmon using two forks. In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Combine it with baked salmon, crab meat, mayonnaise, and Sriracha sauce. Place the mixture on top of the cooked rice. Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C or 356°F. You want the top to be lightly brown.
How long to bake salmon fillet at 200 degrees?
Bake for 8-10 minutes at 200°C or 392°F. Once cooked, shred the salmon using a fork and set it aside. Using an electric hand-held mixer, beat the cream cheese until soft and fluffy. In a large bowl, combine the salmon, imitation crab meat, cream cheese mayonnaise, and sriracha sauce. Mix until well combined.
This salmon sushi bake recipe is a delicious and easy way to enjoy sushi at home. It is a great option for a quick and healthy meal. The salmon is cooked in a delicious sauce and then baked with sushi rice and vegetables. This dish is perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion.