The Taco Bell potatoes are a type of potato that is used in the making of tacos. They are a popular choice for many people because they are easy to prepare and they taste great. The potatoes can be either boiled or baked, and they can be either plain or topped with cheese, sour cream, or salsa.
When it comes to choosing a potato for your tacos, the Taco Bell potato is a great option. They are easy to cook and can be either boiled or baked. Plus, they taste great whether you top them with cheese, sour cream, or salsa. So next time you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to make tacos, be sure to choose the Taco Bell potato!
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 lbs large white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1 1/4 cups cubed Velveeta cheese
1/4 cup of your favorite salsa
Tabasco sauce, to taste
1/2 cup sour cream, divided
1 green onion, chopped (green part only)
- Preheat oven load to 475 degrees F.
- In a Ziplock bag, mix the garlic powder and cumin together; add the cubed potatoes, seal the Ziplock, and toss it all together until potatoes are coated evenly.
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat melt the oil and butter together.
- Add the seasoned potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until they're a nice, golden brown, about 10 minutes; cover and cook an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sautéed potatoes to a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 475 degrees F for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are nice and crisp.
- When potatoes are almost done baking, place the cubed Velveeta, salsa, and Tabasco into a microwave-safe bowl (I use a large Pyrex measuring bowl) and microwave for 1 minute; stir and microwave another minute; stir again and microwave for 1 more minute, then stir until smooth.
- For each serving, place some potatoes in a bowl, then pour over 1/4 of the melted Velveeta cheese sauce, top with some sour cream, then sprinkle with chopped green onion.
Calories 370.9, Fat 18.5, Saturated Fat 8, Cholesterol 30.2, Sodium 716.8, Carbohydrate 48.2, Fiber 5, Sugar 3.6, Protein 5.3
Potatoes: If you intend to put a special spin on this recipe you can also use sweet potatoes.
Olive oil: This will help layer the potatoes to make the spices blend stick nicely. If you don’t have olive oil, you can additionally use avocado oil or any oil of your option.
Corn starch: Coating your potatoes in corn starch aids get them additional crispy in the oven. If you do not have any kind of corn starch accessible, you can use all-purpose for a non-gluten-free choice.
Seasonings: We are using a mix of paprika, cumin, chili pepper, garlic, onion, salt, and also pepper. All of these flavors combined to make these potatoes taste like absolute excellence.
Storage and reheat:
When it comes to storage and reheating, there are a few things to keep in mind with this dish. First, it is best to store the potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge. They will last up to four days this way. When you are ready to reheat, simply add a little oil to a pan and cook over medium heat until they are warmed through.
If you find yourself short on time, you can also reheat them in the microwave. Just be sure to add a little water to the dish, cover with a damp paper towel, and cook on high for two minutes. Give them a stir and cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until heated through.
What serves with Taco Bell Potatoes
Taco Bells potatoes are the perfect side to any dish. They are savory and filling but not too heavy. The best part about them is that they can be easily customized to your liking. Whether you like them plain or with a little bit of cheese, Taco Bells potatoes are sure to please.
If you’re looking for a heartier option, try pairing your potatoes with grilled chicken or steak. For a lighter option, pair them with shrimp or fish tacos. No matter what you choose, Taco Bells potatoes are sure to be a hit!
Other recipe from Taco Potatoes
Taco bell fiesta potato recipe: The fiesta potato is a crispy fried potato topped with seasoned beef, nacho cheese sauce, sour cream, and diced tomatoes. It’s the perfect blend of flavors and textures, and it’s sure to please everyone at your next party or gathering.
Cheesy fiesta potatoes recipe: A dish of cheesy fiesta potatoes is the perfect side to any Mexican-inspired meal. This recipe is easy to follow and can be made in under an hour. The potatoes are roasted with a variety of spices, including chili powder, cumin, and paprika. They’re then topped with shredded cheese and chopped green onions.
The taco bell potatoes recipe is a delicious and easy way to start your day. It is a filling and nutritious breakfast that will keep you going until lunchtime.