Thin Sliced Round Steak with Sauce is a delicious beef dinner recipe for incredibly tender and succulent beef steaks. Perfect Sunday family meal.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 150 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: serves 4 people
|1 kg (2 pounds) beef top round, cut into 0.5 cm (1/4-inch thickness)|
|70 g (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour|
|2 tbsp unsalted butter (for meat)|
|2 tbsp canola oil|
|80 ml (1/3 cup) red wine (Porto or Merlot)|
|2 tbsp unsalted butter (for sauce)|
|2 tbsp all-purpose flour|
|2 cloves of garlic|
|750 ml (3 cups) beef broth or water|
|1 sprig of thyme, 1 bay leaf|
- Place the thin steaks onto a working surface and tenderize the meat using a meat tenderizer. The thickness of the meat should be 0.5 cm or 1/4-inch. Pat dry the meat using a paper towel, then season on both sides with salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over a plate or baking sheet and coat the beef in flour on one side. Shake any excess flour off.
- Place a skillet over high heat. Add the butter and oil. When the butter melts, add the beef steaks with the clean side down. Don’t overcrowd the pan; work in batches of a few thin-cut steaks. Pan-fry for 1 – 2 minutes per side, then transfer to a plate and repeat the process with the rest of the meat.
- Pour wine into the same skillet. Using a spoon, scrape all the flavors from the bottom of the pan. Cook for a minute for the alcohol to evaporate, then pour the wine over the steaks on a plate. Add butter, diced shallot, and flour to the same pan. Saute for 6 – 8 minutes over low heat. Add the minced garlic, and cook for another minute.
- While continuously stirring with a whisk, slowly pour in the broth or water until combined. Add the thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce the heat to the lowest temperature. Add the beef, cover with a lid and cook for 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours, or until the schnitzels are super tender. Serve with your favorite side dish.
ServingSize 4, Calories 680, Sugar 0.1 g, Sodium 172 mg, Fat 38 g, Saturated Fat 15g, TransFat 0.4 g, Carbohydrate 5.2 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 77 g, Cholesterol 248 mg
This easy weeknight steak dinner with onions and mushrooms takes about 15 minutes to make and is always a hit with my whole family.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Categories: Main Meal
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|1/2 lb thin sliced beef round or sirloin steaks|
|1/2 large onion (sliced into rings)|
|1/2 tsp olive oil|
|8 oz sliced mushrooms|
|4 olive oil spray|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste|
- Slice beef into thin strips. Season with salt, garlic powder and fresh pepper to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. When the skillet is very hot, spray with cooking spray and add half of the beef.
- Cook 1 minute, then turn steak and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Set aside in a large dish.
- Spray the skillet again and when it gets hot add the remaining steak, cooking one minute, then turning and cooking 30 seconds more.
- Add remaining steak to the dish.
- Return skillet to heat and spray once again with cooking spray; add onions and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook one minute, then turn and cook onions an additional 30 seconds or until onions are golden.
- Lower heat to medium and add 1/2 tsp olive oil to the skillet, add mushrooms, salt and pepper and lightly spray the top of the mushrooms with oil.
- Cook 1 1/2 minutes, then turn mushrooms and cook another minute and a half.
- Add to dish with steak and onions and stir to combine.
- Serve over rice.
ServingSize 1 /4th (about 4 oz), Calories 95.4 kcal, Carbohydrate 3.5 g, Protein 12.5 g, Fat 4.1 g, Sodium 26.8 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1.1 g