TOMATO BATH | PERFECT TOMATO BATH RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE TOMATO …
**Tomato Bath | Perfect Tomato Bath Recipe | How to make Tomato Bhath** – This recipe is called Tomato Baath in Andhra Pradesh, Khichdi in Tamil Nadu. In Karnataka, it is not the Rava recipe but the Rice recipe that is called Tomato Baath.
What I have here is the Andhra Special Tomato Baath. In a way, this is nothing but Tomato Upma. Tomato bath his is served as Tiffin in Andhra weddings too.
When they add diced Tomatoes to Bombay Rava, I love it so much that I could eat it every day.
Usually, many people get irritated with the mention of Upma. But the same people would not mind eating it every day if it is made the right way with the right measures. This Tomato Baath is that good too. And it is perfect for lunch boxes.
Team this Tomato Baath with Spicy Gram Powder or Bengal Gram Chutney, and it tastes just superb.
Provided by: Vismai Food
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|Semolina (Bombay Rava)|
|Fresh Green Peas|
|Chopped Green Coriander|
- Roast the Semolina on low flame until it gives out a nice aroma. Tomato Baath is soft only if you roast it on low flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp Ghee, 2 tbsp Oil and roast Cashew Nuts until they turn golden.
- Add Mustard Seeds, Cumin, Black Gram, Bengal Gram to the same oil, fry well, add Chopped Onions and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Then add Green Chillies and chopped Ginger and fry until onions turn soft.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. And then add grated Carrot, Fresh Green Peas, Turmeric, Curry leaves and Salt and cook to about 80 percent.
- Now add water and bring it to a boil. Add Semolina, mix well, cover it and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Green Coriander, Cashew Nuts, 2 tbsps Ghee. Mix well, take it off the fire and serve.